Friday, January 27, 2012

the challenge...

i've been talking about wanting to try my hand at sewing for quite some time...truth be told...i've been nervous to start...as the last time i sewed something...well...it was back in high school...and that was many many many years ago...although...at that time...i remember sewing a pantsuit...a pantsuit that fit me very well...

i wonder where that went? wish i still had it...but i digress...

one of my closest friends...has sewn occasionally...curtains...things like that...and one of the complaints that her & i always have...is finding that "oh so perfect" skirt in that "oh so perfect" fabric...that only exists in our head...so for the longest time we have been saying just that...we should make it ourselves...

well...saying it and doing it are two completely different things...at least for me...but...my girlfriend also knows that i am very competitive...and so...she in her brilliance...presented to me the challenge...

and of course...she knew i wouldn't say no...

so...we have decided to start with a pencil skirt...i think the judge will be my own mamacita...since she has been a seamstress her whole life...of course...i won't tell my mamacita that one of the participants is me...just to keep it fair...although i know in my heart of hearts that she would be fair...

so i am posting it on the blog...i guess to keep me accountable...

we have decided on the item...i guess next step will be finding a pattern that we both agree on...although i'm thinking...i need to start with the basics...like threading the sewing machine...although...i have been told...over and over...that it is like riding a bike...once i start...it will all come back to me...well...we shall see...

i'm super nervous...but excited for the challenge...any tips for me?

photo source

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the sewing project! I used to sew quite a bit (was never great with tailoring though, that's a whole nother kettle o fish). Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! i am anxious to get started...will keep the updates going on the blog...good and bad...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin