Tuesday, August 16, 2011

a well manicured closet...

if you were to only to mow your lawn...i don't know...let's say...once a year...what would it look like? ok...maybe a bit far-fetched...but for a moment...think of your closet like you would your front lawn...regular maintenance is the only way to keep everything under control...

you must weed it...mow it...nurture it...and in the closet world...same rules apply...we call it purging...

it means...removing from your wardrobe unworn...worn out...and out-of-date clothing on a regular basis...many do a closet purge about once a year...some...don't do a closet purge at all...i say...a closet purge should take place consistently...like the seasons...four times a year...yes...you read that right...four times...

if you want to keep things fresh...fun...and reminiscent of the you that you are today...you must make the time to purge your wardrobe...over and over and over again...well...at least four times a year...it is by far...the best method to part ways with items that aren't working for you...you'll find out what looks become you...and what looks don't work for you...and ultimately...hopefully...break you of your binging or nonshopping habit...

photo source

2 comments:

  1. I began consistently purging my closet with the seasons about 10 years ago and it has been one of the best organizational things I have ever done. Just this week I purged and sorted my closet in preparation for autumn. I have a bag of donations ready for charity and a pile ready for my friends who requested my cast-offs. And I have already placed my order for a few select pieces to add to my wardrobe for the coming autumn months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. julie...what a great testimonial that this system really works...makes for easy dressing... =) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin