Friday, April 1, 2011

inspiration in color...

one of my dearest friends (who is SO not into fashion) challenged me this week...her words exactly were..."all this talk about color...show me how you would find inspiration if you didn't have your fashion magazines"

all i can say is...i wish my homework was this easy when i was back in school...this...was a no-brainer...it took me all of 3 minutes to find my top 4 pics of inspiration...and of course...i looked at the two areas that i have a passion for...that doesn't include fashion...

sweets & flowers... =)

first...the french macaroons...i'm mean really...just looking at a picture makes my mouth water...so delicious...but...since we are talking about color...this is where i look...the colors don't match...but they go together...it is pleasing to the eye...so many variations can be taken from this one pic...don't you agree?

photo source


ok...so onward with the sweets...i've always loved jelly beans...but one vivid memory is actually in a local restaurant not very far from my home...they have a huge decanter full of jelly beans for all the guests to grab on the way out...i mean i guess you could grab some on the way in...but i digress...the point is...look at all the colors...makes my heart skip a beat...and although i'm not saying to wear every color you see...but what jumps out at you? my eye goes directly to the orange and pink...so then my mind starts going through my closet...what do i have in those colors...that i could put together?

photo source


i have always loved pink and green combination together...but look how wonderful the yellow pops against the pink...and this is pure nature...no made up stuff...so if nature deems it colors that go together...then who am i to argue?

photo source


and i end with my all time favorite flowers...the tulips...i mean...really...look at the vibrant bold colors...screaming to be worn...ok...maybe that was a slight exaggeration...but color does that to me...

photo source


so when you are ready to wear color...where does your inspiration come from?

2 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin